View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 07:22 AM
Oklahoma Suzie

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
They called today....estimate including cleaning, oiling whatever 70.00.

Evidently it's possible to put the needle in off center. My needle has only ever fit in one way, so he'll have to show me how I did it wrong so I know the right way. I've done it the same way every time.

I don't take the feed dog plate or whatever that plate is off and it was really dirty under there. Something was cockeyed in there a little and it affected the whole "hook assembly"? I know I've had this machine a long time, but he was speaking Greek to me.

He says everyone who really uses their machine needs to know how to clean it and oil it themselves. SO...he said when I come in to get it, he wants to show me the right screws to take off and exactly what he wants me to do to clean it. He sounds like a really nice guy and he knew exactly why I was so unsatisfied with the place I got it at.

It still seems like a lot of money, but I want it to last longer. He did say that it's not really a heavy duty machine. I should not attempt to machine quilt a queen size on it .... interesting. I can do lap sizes okay and all my charity quilts are pillowcased on it, but those are all lap sizes too. I think if I really want to start getting some serious machine quilting done I may need to upgrade.

As soon as I find the spare my MIL gave me a LONG time ago, and get it serviced, I will have 2 machines. I know that one is heavy duty because it's made of metal and about 40-50 pounds. I have to get myself reaquainted.

I'll be back to stitching this weekend...so perhaps you can expect my absence. I'm so glad there are other people like me out there. I've been going bonkers!
That's not really a bad price. Mine cost me $68.00 a few years ago.