View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 05:08 PM
beginnerquilter

Hi everyone

I went to my County Quilt Club Tea Party tonight and we was to bring a Apron (Tonight's Theme was Aprons) and our very own Tea Cup. I brought my Tea Cup but not Apron because mine got ruined in my first Apt Fire. I could've borrowed my friend's Apron but I didn't think about it.

I had so much fun and it was a very enjoyable evening tonight. I learned so much by going to the Guild Meetings once a month.

Two local ladies has a Fabric Shop....well the members of the Quilt Club and the Wednesday Night Quilt Group got together without these two ladies who owns a Fabric Shop and they all got together and made a huge quilt out of Lady Bug Fabric. It is so beautiful. When some of the members presented it tonight at the Tea Party they were in shocked...and they were speechless. I am going to take my camera with me to the Fabric Shop and get a picture of this beautiful quilt. There is a Saying in the middle of this Quilt and it is embroidered too.

Hopefully tomorrow I can get my rows of squares sewed together and than I'm going to take my first block to the Fabric Shop and make sure that I did it right sometime next week.

Our Tea Party lasted for almost three hours tonight...we had Tea, Coffee, Punch, Cookies for our refreshments.

I learned tonight how to make Hexagons and paper pieced them. That might be a future project for me too.

Sometime next week I am hoping to start on another Scrappy Quilt for my County Quilting Club cause it has to be done by December so I need to get started on this sometime very soon.

When I get it started I'll be taking photos too. It is going to be made out of Christmas Material and the size is going to be 12 x 12.

I know how to cut my material now, and I know how to sew the squares together now too and I know how to find my 1/4 inch seam line too.

Well I just wanted to tell how much fun I had at my County Quilt Club Tea Party.