Old 03-31-2010, 04:50 AM
raptureready

Originally Posted by athenagwis
Originally Posted by raptureready
I think the small ones are great!!! Personally I don't get into wall hangings and I'll probably make my blocks larger for the exchange but if I receive small ones back I might use them as centers for log cabins and go from there. I wanted to start on them today but I found out that none of the other mothers are going to the school to help with the Easter party so I'm going to trot my old self out there. Okay, my trotting days have fallen by the wayside but I'm going anyway. LOL
Hope you have fun at the Easter Party today!

So far as the small blocks go, if you want to put the house quilt together like a puzzle, since the blocks are being built in multiples of 3, the smaller 3” blocks will help you fill in spaces. I will post my chicken blocks when I get them and put them together so you can get an idea of how it would all work together. It’s a lot of fun and creates a neat looking quilt!

Cheers!
Rachel
Thank you so much. I've known how to piece since I was a child (it's what we did when we were snowed in and that was often in the winter) but I didn't really get into quilting until just a few years ago. So far most of what I've done has been fairly traditional and this is virgin territory for me so I need all the help I can get.