View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 05:24 PM
raptureready

So many of you have asked for the instructions for the quilt on my avatar that I'm going to do them on here for anyone to read.

First of all, I absolutely HAD to use a design board or wall.
Secondly, I was stash busting and just cut. I have no idea how much fabric I used.
My quilt had 20 16 1/2" blocks plus a white border and then a 6 1/2" border from left over strips
But knowing all that, have a good time if you decide to do this quilt. AND, I want to see pictures. ;-)

White: five 3 1/2" squares, four 3 1/2"x7 1/2" strips per block.
Colors: 2"x width of fabric then sew two together
cut into 3 1/2"x 6 1/2" and 3 1/2"x 12 1/2" strips
You will need one of each cut in 4 different colors per block.

I sewed the four outer (white sq, colored strip and white strip) sections together then attached them to the center square. Then I squared it up to 16 1/2". Pressing as I went was a must for me also as was pinning when I attached the blocks together. I attached them as I went to keep from getting them mixed up. When I finished the second strip I attached it to the first. If you have any questions just pm me.
Once you get going it goes pretty fast, I think I pieced this top in 10 days. :D I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

I was going to do a tute but I don't have time right now and several of you wanted to get started so. . . . .
Attached Thumbnails attachment-39322.jpe