Thread: BSR foot
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 04:50 AM
Nita

Originally Posted by Maride
I do have one question. Because the sensor of the machine is a little red light on the fabric, I heard somewhere the the BSR does not work on red fabric. To me movement is movement, regardless of the color of the fabric. Have anyone tried this? I went to try and found no red fabric in my stash to go play with. I guess is time to go get some.

Maria
This has been an interesting thread for us Bernina 440 QE with BSR owners. I happen to love my BSR. A few comments from my "Peanut Gallery", for what they are worth: 1.) Yes, the sensor is that little red light on the fabric. Therefore, it is very important that you dust any lint, etc, off the sensor or it will not work properly (ask me how I know). 2.) Although the default number is something like 2.5, I usually set my stitches at 1.5 - 2.0 .... simply because I don't want my stitches to be so tiny. One word of caution, however: If doing small stippling, you might need to stick with the 2.5 stitch setting in order to get smooth curves. 3.) The less you tense up, the better. I personally find that sipping a nice glass of Cabernet Sauvignon while I'm doing FMQ helps me loosen up! Just make sure the glass is off to the side, away from your quilt and sewing machine (ask me how I know) LOL

I hope this helps some of you who are struggling. Happy Quilting ~ Nita