View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 05:31 AM
Debra Mc

Originally Posted by CyndiKinney
Hi. I'm Cyndi, and I live in Louisiana. I am NOT a seamstress, by any stretch of the word....but I'm fascinated by quilts. My neighbor, who is quite a bit older than I am, has been teaching me all about quilts. She is an elderly lady and does everything by hand. I have made a couple of quilts by piecing the tops together on my VERY cheap Brother sewing machine and then hand quilting them.

However, now I have some extra money and would like to get a really good quilting machine. I called a local sewing machine store, and they told me that they would recommend the Handi Quilter Sixteen, which is $8,000.00!!!! I DON'T have THAT much money! LOL! I don't really want to spend over $2000.00, but I don't know what kind of machine to get or where to get it.

I'd love some advice from all of you quilting pros!

Thanks in advance!
Cyndi
[email protected]
Hi Cyndi. Welcome from East Texas. I have a Babylock Quilter's Choice Professional. I dearly love it. Has a big throat for quilting & free motion quilting. Also has the 1/4 in foot for piecing & a bunch of other stuff. Check it out. Also it will fit into one of those frames like the Pinnacle by Grace.