Old 04-01-2010, 05:49 AM
Jingle
Power Poster

I FMQ all the time I clamp my quilt backing,then batting and top. Pin about every 3 - 4", drop the feed dogs, loosen the tension, set stitches to zero, take the pressure off the presser foot by turning the knob above the needle,put a new needle in, clean & oil machine, test on a scrap quilt sandwich. I roll quilt, start in the middle, I go from center to bottom, re roll, turn quilt go to the center quilt, from center to bottom, re roll it and turn quilt, go middle to bottom, on the width, re roll and turn quilt and go from center to bottom. I always quilt next to quilting and just keep going until it's done, removing pins as I come to them. I wear garden gloves with little rubber nubs and try to keep the speed of the machine fairly fast and try to move quilt at a comfortable speed. Try not to go too fast as you go around, a little faster on straight places. Relax and it will go easier. If this is your first, practice, practice, practice, before you start on your actual quilt. Always stop every so often to get quilt to move freely. I have a glass top table and that makes it much easier. I have made lots of twin to queen size and this works for me. Straight stitching is sometimes the easier method, I don't do it often and don't care so much for it. I hope this works for you.