View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 03:11 PM
mom-6

Those of us in rural or semi-rural areas do not have the fabulous choices of those of you who live in metropolitan areas. However since most of us are here by choice, we put up with having to drive a half hour to an hour for all the goodies, since we don't have to put up with the traffic the rest of the time. The only local fabric is at Wal-Mart and is not always of the best quality, but in general is usable.

I finally found the quilt shop in Waco yesterday and was totally enchanted with the variety, quality and friendliness of the shop. Will definitely be visiting them again, but must have a fuller pocketbook before I go as most of the fabric is $8.50/yd...worth it, but not what I'm used to paying. Noticed that it was the same pricing as Joanne's nicer quilting fabric however. They had taken advantage of every inch of space in the shop, while somehow managing not to feel cramped. Even had a couple of chairs with an array of quilting magazines plus a playmat with a selection of toys and books for young ones on either side of the entryway. So if you are ever in Waco, Texas be sure to go by Tomorrow's Quilts at 800 Lake Air Drive. You'll be glad you did!