Thread: Easter dinner
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2010, 07:25 PM
Minnie

Originally Posted by Pamela Artman
A delicious and special way to make asparagus or green beans. After partially cooking (till tender/crisp) wrap small bundles of asparagus or green beans with a piece of bacon and tie the bacon on top. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake till bacon is done and veggies are tender. Yummy! Also, I make a jello pretzel salad with a crushed pretzel crust (with sugar, cinnamon, butter), a cream cheese/whip cream layer, topped with strawberry jello mixed with frozen sweetened strawberries. You can make this with any flavor jello and any fruit. I also like to make a salad with mixed greens, cranberries, pecans and raspberry vinaigrette. Deviled eggs are always a hit! And for desert??? A bunny cake! Make two round layers, use one layer as the head, cut the other layer into 3 sections - a center section that is shaped like a bow tie (narrow in the center, curving wider at both edges) which leaves two ear-shaped pieces on either side. Place the bow tie section under the first round layer, the "ears" on top. Frost with white frosting, cover with coconut, decorate the face with black licorice for the whiskers and mouth, green gum drops for the eyes, a black one for the nose and pastel M & Ms for a polka dot tie! It's sooooo cute!
I make the jello pretzel also. It is wonderful. I was thinking about making it with chocolate pudding instead of jello. I think it would be very yummy....What do you think?