View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 06:28 AM
QBeth

Hello from southern NH. We've had a number of roads closed due to overflowing rivers. My sister, who lives on a river, so far, hasn't had to evacuate as she's done in the past -- "they" now manage two dams on either side of her a lot better. Three years ago, she had water up to her first floor of her split-entry. What a mess!

The only other flooding damage we've had has been to my boyfriend's son's car. He's known for driving too fast and guess it caught up to him. His route home from work includes a road that has wetlands on either side of it. Driving along, he saw a car in front of him go thru this big puddle. In he barges (no pun intended) only to have the car conk out in the middle of it. He knew he was in trouble when water starting coming in over the car door's threashold! He gets out and the water is over his knees. The car in front of him must have had some serious clearance!!

The car is towed to our mechanic (who is really good). Couple of days later, my boyfriend goes to pick up the car. After pulling all the spark plugs, air filter, etc., the mechanic did manage to get it started. I know Toyot's have had their problems lately but this one is a 1994 with 300,000 plus miles on it, rarely maintained by said idiot son and, and despite being flooded, it's still got life in it! The mechanic says to my boyfriend, "watch this!" He turns on the car and water comes shooting out both exhausts!!! Go Toyota!