View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Gwyn

Hi everyone. If I owe you something for March, please know that I haven't forgotten. My husband has been very sick for about 10 weeks. On Wednesday we finally took him to the emergency room at a big hospital about 30 miles away. His liver is failing. He has cirrohsis of the liver, probably due to the amount of tylenol and ibuprophen he has always taken for pain and everything else. In the last month he has aged beyond recognition. He is only65, but he looks like he is 90. He can only talk at a whisper and seems so lost and confused. I am torn between fear, anger, compation and love for him. I thought I was pretty independent, but I can't even go to him because I can't drive. When I get to the hospital, I am stuck there until someone comes and gets me to go home. My youngest sons have missed 2 days of school because I don't have anyone to take or pick them up.

My father died of pneumonia about 18 months ago. Now I am scared Randy may not make it. They have already told us he will be in the hospital a long while yet. I'll keep all of you posted. Don't worry about the things I have promised. Actually, most of them are finished and just need to be taken to the post office. As I get them sent, please let me know you received them. If you post pictures, I would appreciate it since I can't really use the camera due to my blindness. Thanks, Gwyn