View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 09:26 AM
Jois

Originally Posted by JanetM
I have found several "must haves" over the years. Just this week I received a new "must have" in the mail. I ordered 3 yds, but usually just get 2 yds. My problem then is that I am relunctant to use them...don't want to waste them on just anything. LOL
Oh, Janet, I know that feeling well. "Too beautiful to use so I'll save that for something special." I used to laugh when an older quilter friend said she wanted to be buried with some of her stash and now...it seems like a better idea all the time! LOL Will any pattern be good enough?

The only thing I've learned about this problem so far is that fantastically beautiful material (and beauty is in the eye of the beholder) with a fascinating print needs to "go big" i.e., can't be cut up into little squares. Other fabrics with smaller patterns can't be cut either since I'll need them to surround the beautiful big blocks when I've found the perfect pattern.

See how it works? One way or another I think I can protect some portion of my stash "as is" for at least another 50 years.

It's really nice to be a grown up and a maker of the rules, isn't it!

Jois