Old 04-02-2010, 10:58 AM
sewcrafty

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
I was just pricing out the sew steady sewing machine extentions made of acrlyic. They sure are pricey. And you have to wait four to six weeks for delivery. Gee, this seems a long time to wait.
Has anyone seen a tutorial on making one yourself? It would seem to me the leveling legs would be the hardest to get your hands on.
Any ideas?
Do you have a handy hubby? If so, I took the measurements around my machine for the opening and then made it as wide and long as I want (I was go for a 18x24). My husband was going to get a piece of acrylic, cut out the opening for my freen arm and attach legs made from the plumbing department. All I needed to do was furnish him with the height from the table to the top of the machine. He would then subtact out the thickness of the acrylic and cut the legs and then either screw or glue them down. Now at hardwares they have leveling screws that you can adjust the height. The only thing I wanted extra was some support legs. We were going to put 3 on the large end, 2 in the middle and 2 at the top (1on each side of the free arm).

This is all sort of moot for me because with my new machine came an ext. table so the idea didn't go to finish.

Hope this helps. I would hate to pay $80-100 for something that could very easily be made.

Good Luck!!!