View Single Post
Old 04-03-2010, 01:10 PM
cjomomma
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Ok here's the deal I know most quilters have a story behind what got them started down the road to quilting. I would love to read your stories.
I will start.

5 and half years ago we moved from California to Kentucky. had to get out of Cali cause the area we lived in had a crime problem that was getting out of hand and we really felt like God was leading us here.
We rented an old house with no insulation in the walls. It was hot in the summer so I knew it was gonna be cold in the winter, even people were telling me it doesn't get that cold around here. Maybe a dusting of snow but that's it. I refused to believe them and decided to make quilts instead of buying them. I had jeans from the kids that were too small not enough tho. Found a second hand shop and bought 40 to 50 pairs of jeans for .25 cents a piece in many different colors. I made 3 quilts to start with. These quilts were crazy cause nothing lined up. I had 2 months from start to finish to get them done. I just threw them together, not caring how bad they looked. If you have ever ripped a pair of jeans apart you know it takes a lot of time. Any way I got them done and bygolly it turned out to be the coldest winter they had in 20 years according to the news. We had 8 plus inches of snow on the ground for Chrstmas and it was so cold. My kids still use thier quilts even during the summer, they love them. That got me hooked. I had enough jean material left to make 2 or 3 more in fact I gave some away on here. That started my stash and quilting life. I will quilt til I can't any more.

Now tell me your stories. Don't worry about how long it is I want to hear it. :thumbup: