View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 06:09 PM
danmar

Originally Posted by missgigglewings
I have been watching your beautiful creation. I must have missed something, but please tell me why you have to keep un-sewing rows.

Thanks
To make the pattern do what you want it to do, you would un-sew the strips at some point and then add in another strip. Here's a picture of the bargello so I can explain where and what I'm talking about.

Alright. See how the pink goes to the right edge and then turns back left? The 2nd picture here is a close up of that curve. The strips are all made the same and run from left to right in the colors.

See how I have un-sewn each row, (one color farther to the right each time), and then sewn on a whole new strip? This is how I make the pattern. Where I start the new strip, is the beginning of another 'wave'.

Also, when I laid them all out originally, I had the pink flowered fabric most of the way along the bottom edge of the curve. But, in the bottom right hand corner, you can see where a few dark pinks and a red are still attached to the pink flowered fabric. You un-sew them, any oddball pieces to make the line like you want it. I hope that is clear. If not, let me know and I'll re-explain.

So, you can un-sew to change strips and create the pattern you want, or you can un-sew strips, just to clean up the line you are attempting to make.

The 3rd picture is from about the middle of the picture where the "middle" wave meets the top one. Again, you can see where I un-sewed the strips and then added a new strip.
I hope you understand now. Thank you for your interest and your time.

Marilyn

A picture to explain why I "un-sew" some seams
[ATTACH=CONFIG]44599[/ATTACH]

Each row is un-sewn one color longer and a new strip is added to start the pattern over again for my 2nd wave.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]44634[/ATTACH]

Where the middle wave meets the one at the top of the picture
[ATTACH=CONFIG]44635[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-44599.jpe   attachment-44634.jpe   attachment-44635.jpe