Old 04-05-2010, 06:14 PM
fireworkslover

Originally Posted by newestnana
I'm really hoping to get this off the design wall and onto my sewing machine...looking for advice on hexagon moves and whether to include the "fence".

I have to tell you that I showed my son a picture of this (design wall) and he asked "What is that building doing in the design?" ... which made me wonder. Does it add or detract? I was trying to mimic (sort of) the fence (at least I thought it was a fence) in Encroachment, page 75 of the OWB Encore book. Thought a fence was more appropriate than a cube for my animal print.

So what do you all think? I'd like advice on where to move the hexagons and whether the "fence/building" is a good idea or not. The triangles that make up the fence could be used instead for some interesting hexagons. Or I could make some cubes. But I must say I'm kind of tired of designing and want to move on to the next step.
I think the contrast between the parts of your fence and the rest of your hex's is too great, so it really stands out too much. I myself don't care for it in there.