View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 05:25 AM
Yarn or Fabric

I've not completed this one yet but I had to share since I'm really loving the way it's coming out.

I started off with 19 black and red fabrics and I'm using a shade on shade white for the alternating white pieces. There will be a 3" strip between each column and then a 3" white border. I'm planning on binding it in a red possibly - we'll see what I'm in the mood for when I get to it.

I'm also planning on putting this on my quilting frame - yay! I'm hoping to quilt my first quilt on it next week if I can finish up the last of my Caron crochet design projects this week... and then get a new design ready for my site and also make another doll for the booklet I'd like to pitch to get published.. yes, I am burning the candle from more than two ends. It's like the 12 wicked candle lol.

Anyhooo.... Here is the beginnings of the quilt I'm making for my youngest son's teacher end of year gift. I love this teacher! My oldest son had her as well so I'm making something that will keep her snuggly on her couch. She doesn't know it yet and probably has no clue nor remembers me asking her what colors her living room were....

The pieces are 3x6.
I had seen a tutorial online for it but could not print it out for some reason so I just winged it. I figured - cut rectangles, sew together. I think I can handle that Cool It's super easy and that's what I was going for with her quilt - easy, somewhat modern lines. She doesn't do country and I didn't want to do a ton of piecing - I love her as a teacher but really didn't want to be chained to the quilt for a really long time, know what I mean?

So far, I'm really happy with it. There is one or two rectangles I need to cut out and replace due to being lined up with an identical one in the same row but it's all good so far!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-46362.jpe   attachment-46363.jpe