View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 05:28 AM
Yarn or Fabric

I am working on this for an end of year present for my oldest son's teacher. She is from Texas and loves cowboy/Western themes. I originally was going to make her a rooster kitchen set complete with coasters, potholders, towels & placemats but decided to make her a tote bag. When I saw this pattern it was just screaming her name so I did it....

I have to admit I'm not quite done with it. I need to cut a plastic canvas oval and fabric cover it for the base - and tack down the lining/outer at the bottom seams but those won't take long at all.

I wanted to get started early on the end of year gifts - so they were done!! Last year I slacked off and had to buy a box of candy for each teacher... which stinks. I would much rather make them something I know they'll love and use.

So here's my cowgirl tote link to the tutorial!
http://www.allpeoplequilt.com/projec...ote-bag_1.html

I admit that I did change the layout a bit. I don't like the seam on the side of the bag as done in the pattern so I just changed where to lay the pattern on the fold Wink Easy Peasy and makes it look a lot nicer.

I also made the inside pocket a lot bigger. I have to say I was so tempted to have bib straps come down on the inside pocket. It just reminds me of overalls!!
I put a pair of reading glasses in the pocket so you guys could get a better look at it lol. Those won't be in there when I give it to her - they're definitely not her style!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-46155.jpe   attachment-46156.jpe