View Single Post
Old 12-05-2006, 09:45 AM
gr8tchr4u

I've owned a few over the years. My first machine was a Singer costco special - it ran until it died and the repairman couldn't fix it. My next was a Brother - no frills, basic machine. It ran until it died. About 2 years ago I was blessed with the deal of the century on a Pfaff 2144. I adore it! There is so much more to working with a higher end machine! It can be fussy, but is quite the workhorse! I've sewn every fabric imaginable and it doesn't get out of alignment - I LOVE the IDT. Should this machine be busy embroidering, I also use my mother's Viking - about 10 years old, again, a no frills machine but a work horse!

If I had to make the decision about whether or not to buy a Pfaff again, I would really have to think about it. The Pfaff repair guys in my area are nice enough, but they DON'T sew! Imagine that! To get technical help or techniques I have to inquire online! My neighbor just bought a Husquvarna from a local JoAnn's store and she loves it - she can walk in anytime and get any sort of special support she needs from those ladies. They've also been helpful to me on occasion.