View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 12:10 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

Patrice, I considered showing my version of the landscapes and such from a sky view, but then I thought "There's 49 islands that are either one big island or a condensed group of several islands". That's putting in a lot of guesswork and that'd be too frustrating based on the fact I've only started quilting. I'm sure I could do it. I just don't want to find myself flinging an appliqued block across the room more times than I'd like to count. Besides, I really don't want a map that you find at the beginning of a Lord of the Rings novel. Something a little more simplified, but still look awesome once its done.

Sandra...at least for the islands, I'm not going to follow the diagram. On the game, they have an outlined shadow look to them and the island is the same color as the paper. For that you could basically embroider the outline of the island in brown thread onto a goldenrod fabric. Instead of that I want to make the islands out of a dark brown fabric and applique them onto the map...basically coloring in the picture I posted. And I'm going to try to get that frayed, slightly torn edge look to the map (like its been handled a lot throughout the years). I'm not sure how to go about it, though. Any suggestions?

Hopefully I'll have a design plan in about a week or two (depending if my boyfriend comes up next weekend and remembers to bring his copy of Wind Waker). Then I can give you guys a clearer idea of what I have in mind.