View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 11:02 AM
BrendaB

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Originally Posted by yourstrulyquilts
I was just thinking about all the quilters I know, and wondered how many color their hair, and why? And if not, why not?

I color, but am thinking about letting it grow out to it's very gray shade. I always worked and that was my original reason for coloring, as I was turning gray at 25. Now I am nearly 70 and still coloring. DH and I adopted a little boy who is now almost 7 and at first I thought I needed to continue coloring,'cause i didn't want him to think I was old! Ha!
So, what do you all think? ............hmmmmm..............
I used to color my hair. I started getting gray in 7th grade. Quite a while ago, I decided it wasn't worth the effort and I was tired of messing with it, so I let it go. During the growing out process I had a reverse procedure done so it blended in and wasn't such a stark change. It is funny, since I am naturally gray now, I have had more compliments on my hair than I have had in a very long time. I did let a hair stylist talk me into a "special" shampoo for gray hair. Didn't notice right away, but its the stuff that used to make little old ladies gray hair blue!!! How did I fall for that?!!! I'm 60, but I still don't consider myself a little old lady yet. I look like one and act like one 'cause my bones, muscles, and joints just don't respond to what I want them to do so great. In my head, I'm probably about 40. LOL