View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 09:03 AM
AnnieF

I started quilting 30 years ago and didn't keep track...therefore, there were a large number of quilts that just got lost in time....I gave a lot of them away. I started back to quilting 12 years ago and now faithfully take a picture of each finished quilt and I have 3 photo albums full. I find it's fun to look back and see what I made and for whom.

Also about 5 years ago, I felt like I wasn't accomplishing anything and had a "to do" list of UFOs a mile long so decided to keep track of the quilts I finish and what's left to do....I do it for a full year. Every May 1st I look to see what has and hasn't been done and then transfer to another list what hasn't been finished and move on....that's my fiscal year-end review. Some quilts have been on the list for 5 years....I'll get to them eventually....and it doesn't bother me that they've been hanging around all that time. It's important to see what has taken up my sewing time, and what I've accomplished....I found out one year that I made a total bedroom set with curtains, tabletoppers and duvet cover for my daughter.....and so it took a bite out of my quilting time....interesting.