Thread: magazine scam
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 12:14 PM
craftybear
Google Goddess

Hi,

I was online the other day and got a pop up about this magazine, yesterday in the mail I got a statement also, not sure what is going on

Originally Posted by julie
Just checked the mail after getting home from work, found a "renewal/ new order" bill for magazine "Love of Quilting". I assume that is Fons and Porters mag. Anyway, I have never subscribed to this magazine, or even sent in a card for a free issue that I sometimes get. The installment payment is $35.94, half now and the other half next month, or a total of $71.88 for 2 years. I only subscribe to 1 quilting magazine now, so I knew this was wrong. But if I subscribed to lots of magazines, I probably would've written a check and sent it off. I am so irritated by this scam. I wonder how many people have been caught by this. Whether one receives the magazine eventually or not doesn't matter. If I want the magazine I will take the necessary steps to subscribe. This method seems so dishonest. Has anyone else had this happen? My DH kept getting notices about a computer magazine he had never subscribed to. Grrr! :hunf: