View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 01:47 PM
jan22

My sister and I made our second visit to Paducah a couple years ago and instead of walking to Eleanor's show we took the bus. Since the bus takes a specific route we arrived later than planned. Seats were almost filled, but we did find a couple way in the back. I told my sister we probably won't be able to see a thing that far away. I no sooner said that when my sister nudged me to turn around and no more than a foote to my left was Eleanor preparing to take her stroll down the aisle to the platform. She was promoting her Victory Quilt book, dressed in her Rosie outfit complete with head bandana and black lunch box. She kidded with us as she prepped for the show. That was more a treat to us than the store and the fabric tent.
There also was a Quilt in a Day store in downtown Paducah, but it was packed with so many people that when you got in line, you went with the flow even if you didn't want to move on to the next display. Didn't buy much as the best priced fabrics went fast. But the experience was amazing. I remember the tent of fabric being very picked over and there were long lines at the cutting tables.