View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 10:01 PM
quilterguy27

This is the method I use. Since they are for kids I try to keep in mind the bright colors. The most recent one I did I used green thread on front and back. The back was green and the front had green in it. The quilting stood out really well. I used a meander to resemble water as it also had blue in it (for water) and fish all over it. You can do a search and find pics of my QFK quilts if you'd like to see how I did them.
Originally Posted by pam1966
Originally Posted by Marge L.
What color thread do you use? I'm using the color of the back, but what are you using for the tops. There are the dark colored parts and I hesitate using the same color through the dark colors especially. PLEASE, I need an answer before I finish the 2nd quilt. For my own quilts I use a lot of monofilament on top so the thread doesn't show but the quilting does. I'd appreciate knowin how you do it. These are my 1st ones for Q4K.
I used green in the quilt in my picture; I just chose a predominant color from the quilt. I tried to remember that this is for kids and they like things a bit mixed up.