Thread: crazy quilting
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Izy

Originally Posted by Barb M
Wow, that is beautiful! But i don't get it. How did you make the flower? And how did you seal up all the raw edges. Did you seal the edges with the embroidery, or did you zigzag over them first? What if a machine doesnt do embroidery, can a person still do this?
Barb m - The centre piece was already appliqued I used what we call bondaweb and machined around it. (I have a few of these - I was going to use them in my big quilt (still in progress) as corner stones, but changed my mind...

Most machines have zigzag or satin stitch, or blanket stitch, infact any of these will do. If you fuse them down on a piece of muslin, or as I have done here with fusible stabilizer then all you have to do is overstitch the edges. If you look at the different stitches you can see some would be better than others, I think a closer denser type stitch would be better, as long as there is an overlap of fabric, and depending on what the use of the item is going to be for, it is just like raw edge applique.....does that sound any clearer ??????