Thread: Quilters Cache
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 04:16 AM
grammypatty7

Originally Posted by cminor
I have decided that because I can't seem to stick to anything is that I will just make blocks and maybe some day put them together. My husband thinks I am a nut - but I really do like to make the blocks. Just not 12 or 15 of the same block.

Here is the one I did today.
Beautiful blocks and love the colors. I too like to make blocks and have no clue what will happen with them but they always work out. Sometimes I do have a recipient in mind for the quilt so do look for blocks that would means something to them. I personally don't have the patience to make many duplicate blocks for a quilt. I've done it and the quilts are beautiful but as a scrap quilter, I much prefer just to pull out fabrics, find a block and go with it. Eventually when there is enough for whatever size quilt I want to make, lay the blocks out and figure out where to go from there. I also don't worry about the exact size of the blocks either. I'm finishing up a quilt now that has blocks of several different sizes in it that I've had to border out to make work. I should be posting a photo of it within in the next two weeks. Have the top border to sew on and machine quilt plus bind off first.

Can't wait to see what you opt to do with these beautiful blocks. Enjoy quilting "our" way.