View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 06:00 AM
Quilter7x

Raptureready, I'd stay as far away from that group as possible. That is NOT a quilting group, that's something else.

I belong to 3 groups. Joined one of the about 15 years ago. We meet twice a month, once for a business meeting and the other is a "learning session". I have taught to that group many times (it's a very small group).

I joined another group about two years ago that has just about 100 members. That group is so big that we cannot bring our machines to the monthly meetings, so we have a business meeting, a demo of something, snacks and always show and tell. They also put on a yearly retreat, which is a blast. Sometimes we go on bus trips to shows through this group.

The third group puts on events such as Sharing Day, a spring event, quilt show, retreat, etc. This group has over 800 members.

I also go to midnight quilters at a LQS. It goes from 6:00 till midnight. Love it!

I cannot imagine not being in a quilting group. When quilting is your passion, it is so helpful to be with others who share the same passion. :)