View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 11:16 AM
sandybeach

I belong to the Guild in my city. We have about 145 people on the roster but only about 30 people come to the meetings. We have a business meeting, a short break, drawings (fat quarter, block of the month, ticket drawings (for every three tickets you get one super ticket for a drawing for a large (Ott Light, for example) prize). Then we have show and tell, then a speaker if one is arranged. During the summer we have a ice cream social because a lot of people leave here for cooler climates. We charter a bus to take us to Road 2 California each January. Every other year we have a Quilt Show in March (not this year). They have charity quilts for Wounded Warriers and Women's Shelter. Once a month we have a "quilt in" on a Saturday where you can bring whatever you want to work on or get help with.

We also have a Fall Retreat up in the mountains, but I haven't gone to it yet. I understand some women go just to get away and don't even quilt.

So we are a pretty busy group. There are those that have to RUN everything, but you can avoid them pretty well.

So, it is worth it to me