Thread: Cutting mat
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 02:12 PM
zz-pd
Banned

Originally Posted by euchreprincess
I started quilting not long after volunteering at our church to bind charity quilts that other members had made. I decided right from the start that I was not going to make concessions on my tools because I didn't want to have to replace something I cheaped out on.

I have a small workspace with a 24" x 36" Olfa cutting mat, a 18" x 6" non skid ruler, a 12" Olfa square rotating mat and a 60mm rotary cutter. I've found this is handy for everything I've needed it for, including cutting strips. True, it's all expensive, but if you wait for half off sales, it's not so bad.

The larger mat is nice because you don't have to continually reposition your material when cutting from the larger fabric piece. I store my mat standing up in a folded up flat large box that fits between the wall and a cabinet when I don't need it.

Quilting is an addiction, not a hobby! Case in point: can ANY of us walk through any fabric department without touching the fabric and thinking about quilting?? You need good tools!!
I love the colors in your quilt. Penny