Old 04-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Rachelcb80

This quilt is a total disappointment. It's not what I had envisioned at all. It's had every kind of problem you can imagine and I'm just so glad it's done. I feel terrible because it was supposed to be for my husband, but I told him I will make him a better one soon. Of course he assures me that this one is great and he loves it, but I know better. He can't fool me. :) (I made him this one because shortly after he bought me my new Bernina he asked if I would make him a "Texas quilt". He didn't give me any ideas of what he wanted, just something to do with Texas. He was born and raised in East Texas and is still a Texan at heart.)

It's waaaaay bigger than I wanted but that's my own fault. I bought the pattern from a lady over the phone and she just mentioned if I wanted it to be quilt size (not wall hanging size) I should make the squares 4 1/2". Did I bother I compute how big that would make this quilt though? Noooooo. :P I had planned some borders but after getting just the squares done, I decided against the borders, even though it would look better with them.

Fabric close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]49641[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-49640.jpe   attachment-49641.jpe