View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 04:04 PM
cminor

Thanks for all the advice. The problem with the sampler is I don't think I have enough fabric to choose the colors - again I know I am being too critical, but when I do a sampler quilt - I want it to be really nice. Not something that I just learned on. Crazy I know since that is kind of the point! :)

I am going to do a turning 20. I realized you can't get the pattern for free so I made my own up. I did 3 blocks already and I do actually feel like I got something acomplished. I am going to use all lighter colors to try and make the different pcs blend a little. This is one case where I don't want any of the pieces to pop. I have a bunch of FQ's and although I know I am not cutting them the best way, I am getting it done. And I do like it.

Maybe if I complete a project I will get that sewing room my DH keeps promising!

I have done wall hangings - but I don't really want to do something that I won't use. I want to make something that I can curl up with on the couch.

If I get home early enough tomorrow - and if there is no snow (Crazy right!) like today I will take some pictures with the sunlight.

It is amazing how differnt the colors look in sun vs. house lighting.

Thanks for all the advice and I think it really did get me going in the right direction.