Old 04-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Esqmommy

Originally Posted by luvmortherest
Originally Posted by Lacelady
Originally Posted by Esqmommy
You retired ladies will have a tough time convincing us working stiffs about your lack of time! LOL, how can that be!
It's easy Esq., the cruel thing is that as you get older, you slow up. It's a gradual process so that you don't notice it. When you stop work, you are at the stage of not being able to do so many things as you used to because all of a sudden, you have got old and not noticed it as it was creeping up on you. Hence, it takes twice as long to do things as it did when you were at work!
and as DH caregiver i am responsibe for making sure that his meds are all in order and that he takes them and if he gets an infection that has to have at home i.v. antibiotics guess who has to admonister them to him every 6 hours. then there are his whims to be considered
I was just teasing, you know that, right?

Well, being a caregiver is never easy, and a 24-hour job for sure!! Not what I picture when I think of retirement, but I suppose it's what can happen, and does happen to a number of people. Poor health really affects the outcome of a retirement doesn't it. Glad Mr. Luvmoretherest has you my dear - I'm sure you take goooooooood care of him