Old 04-08-2010, 06:37 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by craftybear
I would check with Dr. first and see if hubby will start walking or exercising!

Go on a diabetic diet (weigh the food) and he will loose weight.

Craftybear
:cry: that's the whole problem!
He was forced to retire bc of his health and go on disability. In the past two years having emphysema, he went from 235 to 260, bc the only exercise he gets is what he can do 3 times a week at a therapy place.
This past week he did start going there and walking on the treadmill on the in between days.
He won't go on a 'real' diet. The doctor told him to eat two pieces of meat a day, the size of his palm, and one finger thick,...only two starches a day and no sugar or caffeine.
I'm not saying that 'doing' it, is easy, but it's an easy to remember formula.
I bake all his meats and would cut down the starches, except he complains, and he won't eat vegetables unless I 'doctor' them.
I have multiple chemical sensitivities so sometimes we eat different foods.
I don't eat all the chemicals he does.
Here at home his diet is not that bad, but after dinner when he is watching tv he snacks on crackers.
It is all the eating away from home.
I did find a little information and read it to him and said, this is the only oil those rats were ingesting so your going to have to eliminate all foods with other oils, fats or leavening.
he gets mad when i tell him the truth and says I don't need all the preaching.
I say, "I am not preaching. You asked me!"
I get so frustrated!
Not all, but a great deal of his problems is his obesity.
The sleep apnea for example.
Oh well, nuff moaning I guess. He's gonna do what he's gonna do. thanks you guys, I guess i needed to keep him from getting his butt stuck in a crack and ending up on u-tube or something :lol: