View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 06:56 PM
Elizabeth A.

Oh! Loretta! If you think they're sad let me tell you my story!

My dress came from a consignment shop called Something Old and Something New. I went in for one dress and came with a different one (those ladies loved me and kept making me try on dresses!)

Now it was a little big and needed altered, not to metion I'm only 5"3" and wanted to wear ballerina slippers. The office where I worked told me about this great woman who did all sorts of altering in the next town over. So I get there and tell her what I want done (it had this horrid satin ribbon over the bottom that didn't match the rest of the dress at all). I told her in no uncertain terms to cut that off and leave it off.

Guess what she told me! "I told her she shouldn't have it on there! But she wouldn't listen!" Huuu? Come to find out the bride that wore my wedding dress had it altered at the same place I did, to have that ribbon put on! Come to find out when I was getting married she was still happily married and had two children with I think a third on the way!

So the first thing I wanted to do when I got home from my honeymoon was take it back to the consignment shop! I told dh it was a dress that was supposed to be WORN and bring other's happiness. He wouldn't let me sell it so it's wrapped up in the back of my closet. Still to this day Nearly 5 years later he wont let me sell it. Says I might want it for dd one day, who knows that might be true. ;)

My dress was dry clean only and even then only with extreme care and I just can't imagine having it as a quilt. Shoot what if the cat messed on it!?!?! Ah well that's my house one husband, one toddler and three cats. hehehe, always have to think about the might be messes.