View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 05:12 AM
Shelbie

That is a wonderful machine and a great price. They retail in Canada for $2100 when not on sale. One reason for the great price is that Husqvarna Viking Sapphire has updated that series of models to the 835, 855 and 875. The newer edition has a few changes but is not that much different and they are definately made for quilters. Check the available features carefully to get the model that you need. I know that the only the 870's have the automatic thread cutter which is a feature that I really like but it may not be that important to you. Take some cut fabric to the store and sit with your intended machine and make a block of two. You'll soon be able to determine if this is your new sewing partner. Remember that it will take time to get used to some of the new features. This particular machine for example has no lever to raise or lower the pressure foot (step on the foot pedal and watch what happens). This is machine that you will enjoy and I think it is good value for your $ but try it first.