Old 04-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
I say stop buying the crackers...it's the PM munching that's getting him. He can try and trick himself into thinking he's doing what the doc says, but additionally he's probably eating another 500 cals in the evening in crackers.

He *could* do the safflower thing. I don't think the 100 cals will kill him, but you could say...well instead of eating *just* the oil, how about we do it on a salad, with some balsamic vinegar? "I'd hate to see you trying to gag down a spoon of oil all by itself each day" :D :D :D

I've never heard of the benefits of safflower oil, just olive. I do know that safflower oil goes bad quickly, and it could be because it has very active fatty acid chains, like, that grab the free radicals.
He buys the crackers, and he thinks ww ice cream bars etc. are healthy! not on top of all the other meals, and two at a time!
We don't live close to the grocery store, so he makes stops when he goes to exercise.
He eats lots of fruit too, so he thinks he is counteracting the crackers! :shock: