View Single Post
Old 05-10-2008, 07:15 AM
DonnaRae

You can do all quilt sizes up to king depending on your rods. I believe he now sales all the rods (which he did not do when I bought, but he tells you how in the vidio and written instructions) but you can go to any home store and by the pvc yourself. You also can do more then one project at a time, just by buying extra rods which I have not done yet. It is just like taking it apart to put away except you put on the other rods and leave the one you were working on put away. Actually you can do as many projects as you want, which probably is not a good thing for us quilters as we always have so many UFOs. :D Also the quilting area does depend on how much room you have in the neck area. The smaller the less room for quiling. I used my Brother which does not have much room (6 1/2 inches I believe) for quite a while. I watched the local ads and bought a older Kenmore machine for $25 which it has l little over 9 inches and makes for quilting a larger area. You just have to play with it to get the feel. I still am not great at quilting but not due to the machine, but due to me not practicing enough. Have been doing quilt as you go projects and stuff like that. Anything takes pratice, and if you start something and expect it to be perfect at first especially when it comes to quilting you are going to be dissapointed. You definitly get what you paid for and more with the Flynn quilter. It takes patience and practice. Phew, that was long winded. :D