View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 10:39 AM
BarbM32

I believe this machine to be from the 1960's period of time. Great machine as most of the older ones were. No plastic. No complaints. These machines were seldom brought into the store for repairs. I should know, had a sewing machine and fabric store.
Recently I had a machine given to me. It sat in the car for weeks, husband brought it into the house so sat in storage for many more weeks like before Christmas. My GD asked me if she could sew on my machine, told her yes and where it was, in my house. So imagine my surprise this morning when I was looking in the storage room and there sat the little Singer machine, hooked up and used to sew with. It is a 3/4 Singer, believe it or not, perfect condition altho case is a little worn.
I have an after the WW2 Elna equivelent to the 3/4 Singer. Both came out about the same time. When it is opened each of the 4 sides lay down and this is what you sew on. The top part opens up to the storage for the machine feet. Only one I ever saw. Years ago an Elna distributor in Memphis offered to purchase it. Now that I am old I am thinking of selling my machines. No one in my family sews or cares anything about them. Lots of antiques, same lack of interest. BarbM