View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 11:25 AM
MillieH

DISH still has the RFDTV channel. It's Channel 231 in my area (central LA), too--and the same in AR and MO. This channel has a live cattle and/or horse auction running part of the time, so many don't realize they also have some very interesting programs concerning differnent parts of rural life. I'm a night owl, and they rerun Eleanor Byrne's show late at night, too.

PBS in my state (LA) offers Martha Pullen, Nancy, and Fons and Porter weekly (with late-night repeats). Each state's public TV schedule differs though. I donate to public TV and get their TV guide monthly (along with a great Louisiana magagine quarterly).

I agree with a poster above that the frequent fundraising drives by PBS-TV stations is irritating. I know they are hard pressed for money to fund their scheduling, esp. in today's economical crunch, but I'd donate more just to have the shows I pay/donate to see left alone. Those special shows they run during fund drives are even more expensive, and I'm not interested in seeing most of them--esp. those with some self-proclaimed guru telling me how to run my life.