View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 12:53 PM
craftybear
Google Goddess

awesome, have fun and learn lots of things!

Craftybear

Originally Posted by DesertLake
Fantastic! It was scary going after hearing stories about some guilds looking down on machine quilting, which is what I am trying desperately to do. When I am home I OD on sewing during the day and cruze this board at night till I'm too tired to read or write. I haven't felt so crazy about an art form ever, and I've done a lot of different art forms throughout the years. Being only a year-old quilter with so much to learn, is intimidating for me. It was the first time I have been in a room with another quilter since i got my machine a little over a year ago. I'm estatic to have such a great guild close by. Over 50 members I think must have filled the room because dozens of quilts were shown off, projects from all the classes going on were plenty (that gave me hope I don't have to learn all the tecniques the hard way and by myself), a known designer, professional male and female quilters were amoung the members, there was a great program directer and the warmest members, all contributed to the best experience I could imagine! I have been gun shy about commiting to books, patterns, etc. but feel a boost in the other dirction now. I've made several quilts by myself, self taught, but give a LOT of credit to this board for teaching me lots! I have my very first sewing lesson tomorrow on my year-old, new machine, (I haven't been home long enough this past year to take one). Just think about how confident I will feel after tomorrow, LOL.