View Single Post
Old 04-09-2010, 02:06 PM
hazeljane

Pam- Thank you! What I was looking for was pretty basic- this is what you do. And you nailed it. I am going to try this. You have to go for it. Once you do the first one and get through the kinks of how it works, it is totally addictive!

I did the whole cloth one and loved it- I traced around the flowers and then meandered in the solid areas. It gave me a lot of confidence. I used a pretty sheet, with another sheet on the back, and just appliqued the little framed dog on it. Give it a shot.

Originally Posted by Pam
I am in the same boat with you! I just got a short arm that I have set up, but not used.

A friend of mine has a long arm machine and she lays a perforated paper on the top, and then uses a pounce chalk to mark the quilt the chalk just brushes off.

To make the template, trace the shape you are interested in on freezer paper, mark it and then use an unthreaded needle on your regular machine to follow the design and perforate the paper for your template. Then you can just move the template to each area of the quilt and use the same one over and over. If you do this, each of your quilts will have a uniform look, but each will have an original design for the quilting.

This is how I am planning on tackeling my situation.