Old 04-09-2010, 06:17 PM
Tiffany

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
What does anyone think about using plain setting triangles the same colour as the sashing? Do you think it would make the blocks stand out or would it loose the 'scrap' look too much. Oh, all these thoughts to sort out, I'm sure Jane never planned her quilt so carefully! I would appreciate your help though.
I am already intending to do that, because I want to quilt a pretty design in each triangle, and I think my plain background fabric will do nicely. I have ordered a slightly darker batik fabric for cornerstones and matching binding though. I am still debating with myself about whether to use half inch sashing or three quarter inch, which would bring the size up a couple of inches. I have a king size bed, and 80in isn't all that big, is it?
I hadn't considered this but we're getting a king sized bed and I guess I'd better consider it. Has anyone figured out how many extra triangles will be needed if you make the sashing bigger? Darn it, I really need to go play with the software and figure it out.