View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 03:28 PM
Flying_V_Goddess

I'm not entirely sure what got me into quilting, but I do remember how I got into sewing. I remember I had to switch classes in school...I think it was when my accounting class was running into the next quarter and the teacher said the second half was going to be harder and since I was already falling behind that it'd be wise to switch classes. It ended up being Clothing I. I almost wasn't able to take it since the teacher told the guidence counsolor when he went to go ask if it'd be okay for another student to join the class that the class was already overbooked and there wasn't enough sewing machines to go around. Once he explained I wanted to join she said, "Oh Sam! Well, in that case, bring her in!" I really liked it and liked it even more when I brought my first sewing project home (a pair of camoflague boxers) and Mom asked where I bought them.

Now that I think about it, I think my friend being pregnat attributed to getting interested in quilting because suddenly it seemed I wanted to make a baby quilt (and I kind of felt obligated to since I've been officially named the godmother to the child). And next thing I know I'm looking through magazines and books and an endless amount of websites on quilting and having the urge to go buy a yard of fabric whenever I'm at Wal-Mart and have a little bit of money to spare.