View Single Post
Old 04-10-2010, 07:08 AM
KathyKat

I'm not sure exactly what the "integrated sewing paltform" is really called...I just remember the word integrated. I would definately need to go back in the store with fabric and try it out. I got to play with it a little. It holds the quilt section you are FMQing while you move the platform around for FMQ. You control the speed by how fast you move the platform so you can slow way down when stiching a tight curve or speed up when you want to just by the speed you move the platform. I thought it felt easy to use but he said it may take a little while to get used to it. The shop services all types of sewing machines and has been in business for over 25 years. I have a friend who bought an 830 there a year ago and she says there aren't any lessons with it but it's quite easy to read the manual and figure it out. I didn't see the 870 there so I'm going back to look some more. I can't afford a Bernina and he said the Pfaff is owned by the same company as Viking (can't remember who bought who out) and essentially they have the same features. Thanks for all the rsponses!