View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 06:06 PM
live2teach

I didn't get into quilting until about a couple of years ago. My monster-in-law...oh, how silly of me, I mean mother-in-law :wink: :D , has quilted, sewn, and embroidered for years. She got me into quilting. I used to just watch her sit at her quilting frame and thought man, that is a never ending job. HAHA! It is funny how things change. She started showing me a little at a time until I was really interested and actually had the time, now I can't stop. However, I started sewing when I was little, I think I was around 8 give or take a couple of years. My grandma and great grandma on my mom's side, were always working on a quilt that seemed to take them no time to finish, yes FINISH. :D I was so amazed at what they were doing, I wanted to make things. I think the first project I actually ever made was a pillow, sewed by hand. I owe all of my talent to them, and my mother in law. Many thanks to them, maybe one of these days I'll get around to making all of them a quilt to give back to them, all of the quilts they made me (which I could never come close). :lol: