View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 08:00 AM
patricej
Administrator

Originally Posted by amma
I would be interested in hearing whether or not you can draw your own blocks in this program.
according to the description at the site you can design your own blocks once you subscribe.

curiosity got the best of me and i just had to try it. since you can cancel a subscription any time, i "gambled" the $9.99 so i could see the full version.

you can design your own blocks but i found it too big a pain. (i might have been willing to "fight"with it if i didn't already have EQ6.)
there aren't many blocks built in, but they are supposedly going to add more over time.
layout options are very limited. you can work with either one block or two.
there are links to other websites' instructions for each block. you'd have to figure out how to assemble the whole top on your own.
fabric estimates are based on 12" blocks. i didn't see a place for choosing different block sizes.

as it is right now i think it's worth the price of the subscription. i'm going to check occassionally to see what's been added.

it's not going to replace a full-blown design software like EQ, but i don't think that's the intent. it's a good software for beginners who want to experiment with their own block combinations without spending a fortune.

the best part, i think, is that there's nothing to install so you can access it from any computer with an internet connection.