View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 02:02 PM
Pati- in Phx

LOL. Inklingo is a series of downloadable software that let you print cutting and stitching lines on the back side of your fabric. It makes for very accurate sewing, either by hand or machine. And is wonderful!!!!!!! Especially for a lot of the shapes that have traditionally been done as English Paper Piecing. <VBG>
Using Inklingo is very easy. And there is a free collection that you can "purchase" on the Inklingo website. (Yes it is free, but you go through the whole "purchase" routine which sort of gives you a practice in ordering and downloading the software. And a chance to try Inklingo before you buy it. )

Easy step by step instructions are included in the first chapter of the Inklingo Handbook which is included with the free collection.
I have been using Inklingo since it first came out (with CDs only useable on a Windows system). Linda is constantly coming out with new collections, the latest set being several different sizes of the shapes needed for Storm at Sea blocks.

Basically you press your washed/dried fabric to freezer paper.
Download the software, open it and choose the layout and color to print. (Deciding may be one of the most difficult things)
Run your freezer paper backed fabric through any inkjet printer.
Separate the paper and fabric, cut and stitch. Easy, accurate and faster than you can believe. <G>
Try it, you will probably like it a lot.

Have fun, and I will gladly answer any questions I can about Inklingo. (I'm not affiliated in any way except as a happy customer and dedicated fan of Inklingo. <G>)

Pati, in Phx