View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Joan

Originally Posted by trupeach1
I have the human form of it since 1987. I don't go out and I can't drive. I live a nightmare each and everyday. I walk like I am drunk and I fall from the vertigo, at times crawling to the bathroom. If she is not better in soon she will not get better, take her out of her suffering and put her down, she lived a long life. I am not trying to be mean I am just telling you how I would feel. I know she is your baby but if it is anything like the human form which it sounds like it is more fair to her to let her go then to keep her around because you want her. If they could put humans down when they suffer with vertigo as debitating as mine I would be the first to volunteer.
I have nothing but sympathy for you, trupeach1. I could see the terror in her eyes during our dog's initial seizure and can only imagine how you deal with life. (I do hope some doctor is able to recommed meds or some treatment to help you.) You don't have to worry, we want her to have a quality life and would not allow her to suffer. Our Vet (who also has Labs) had one of hers have three episodes of this and she survived to die at age 16 of a heart attack.

Thanks to everyone for their good wishes, they are much appreciated. The people on this board are not only a talented group of people but very compassionate as well.

Our Molly (one eye lost to a Melenoma)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]53924[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-53924.jpe