View Single Post
Old 04-11-2010, 04:23 PM
Lisanne

In another thread, some of you recommended Wal-mart's StraighTalk prepaid cell phones. I bought one this weekend.
(Pic of phone: http://www.shopstraighttalk.com/bpdi...sionId=7184745 )

The people at Wal-mart couldn't answer all my questions, so I called the support number. The automated answering system said, "Due to unusually heavy call volume, we cannot answer your call." And it hung up on me! So... lousy customer service, and after spending $129 + tax on the phone, plus the 30-day card, I am not happy.

Maybe some of you can answer a few of my questions?

1. It said to charge the battery for 5 hours the first time. I didn't expect to have to charge the battery first thing, and I had to leave (and I needed the phone with me), so I unplugged it after less than two hours of charging. When I got back, I plugged it in to finish charging, but after less than 15 minutes, it beeped and said charging was complete. Is this okay? Or did I screw up my battery by not charging it fully the first time?

2. How do you push those teeny keys? I have small hands and fingers, but those keys are so small, only my fingernail works. I'd prefer not to use my nails on it. I expected it to come with a stylus, but it didn't.

3. It didn't come with a case. How do you keep it protected from hitting things? I have it in a pocket in my purse, but it's sharing the space with other things there.

As for actually using it, I haven't done more than experiment with that so far. I'm sure I'll have more questions...